So, it’s that time of year again! Summer…where we gather with friends and family, camp, swim, travel and… you guessed it, BBQ’s!
Who doesn’t get excited about a BBQ? Burgers, brats, hot dogs, chicken, ribs, beer…all classic and necessary elements to a perfect BBQ. I just love the smell of charcoal when it’s first lit. But, how can we make BBQ’s just a bit more healthy for that great quality of life? Well, check out these BBQ tips for your next outing:
- Though beef burgers and hot dogs are traditional, choose a leaner cut of meat such as chicken or turkey or even a vegetarian option like a portabella mushroom.
- Pick a whole wheat bun or even better – go bun less and wrap a piece of lettuce around your protein.
- Incorporate veggies into your meal whether its extra fun toppings on your burger or a side of grilled skewers.
- Try to cut out some of the alcohol and drink non sweetened ice teas and water.
- Choose healthier snack options like Popchips over fried potato chips.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to try Popchips yet, you have no idea what you’re missing. Popchips are delicious and I’ve never had a more addicting snack. If I buy 2 bags, I’ll eat 2 bags. The best part, they’re actually healthy because they’re “never baked”, “never fried”. And even better, with my Vegan diet, they actually have 2 Vegan brands: Salt and Pepper (my absolute favorite) and Sea Salt and Vinegar.
Small little changes to make a BBQ a bit more healthy takes little effort as you can see. I also recommend getting a veggie tray to snack on. Put some corn-on-the-cob on the grill and season it up! They’ll go like hotcakes!
So, go out and enjoy time with your family. Spend some time on the water or at the beach. Enjoy those sporting events with the kids. And have a healthier BBQ!
Oh, p.s. — I recently got word of popchips spiciest new flavor on the block, jalapeno! Be sure to keep an eye out for them and spice up your snack life!
How ya like them apples?Source: popchips.com
- healthysnacker posted this